Friday 18 November 2011

Winter Wonderland Nails

Hi guysss :)
As promised here's another winter inspired nail design.


I thought I'd have a go at sponging :) to create a snowy effect. Its an effective technique but pretty messy :)
Here's how I did it...
  • I used Barry M Navy for the base coat (two coats if you want a really deep blue)
  • Then once the blue was dry I dripped some white nail varnish onto some paper
    (it would probably be better to use something like foil because the varnish did soak into the paper)
  • Then I used a small make-up sponge, dipped it into the white, and blotted it on top of the blue.
  • Less is more, its best to start at the tip with a faint coat and gradually build up the colour.
  • For a bit of extra sparkle I added some silver glitter on top of the white. If you wanted to bling it up you could add a few silver nail gems :)
So what'cha think? :)
xX

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These look fab and very wintery! I love them and might have to try it out myself.

Sarah
xo

www.almostdelightful.com

Nail Reflections said...

Love it!

I am nominating you for the Versatile Blogger Award! I will have a post up about it soon!

Unknown said...

Sarah : Thanks :) its a really easy technique, pretty messy but its fun :) hope it goes well!
Xx

Nail Reflections: Wow! thanks :) I havent been blogging very long so I'm a bit of a novice. It's just nice to know people are enjoying what I'm posting :D
Xx

Sandra said...

It looks so nice! :)

Furniture Repairs Evanston said...

Great bloog you have